Thursday 12 March 2015

Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream







OOOH DAT DRY SKIN.

Fuck off. Just fuck off. Dry skin screws everything up. A flakey face is no place for foundation. It crusts up and makes you look like a snake that's mid skin-shed. A decent base is necessary for any make up look and its really bloody hard to achieve if your blighted by cracked, sore, reddened cheeks and a peeling forehead. Blurgh.



It's only since I started taking Roaccutane that I've had to get to grips with managing dry skin. Previously I was more on the oil slick party side of life. Greasy and acne prone. Fun times. Now however the tables have turned and the focus is on ensuring I don't end up with a face like a dried up riverbed.


Enter... EUCERIN.






Eucerin's replenishing face cream with 5% urea (yes that is what you think it is... find out the science here > weewee <) is incredible. Literally life changing.

I researched options for ages, needing something suitable for sensitive skin that was still going to pack a super hydrating punch and of course not cause my bank account to scream out in pain. Eucerin seemed promising and daaaaamn did it come through.

The day cream is glorious. It sinks in very easily and leaves my skin feeling almost a little velvety to the touch. No trouble layering over serums or under primers (no pilling!) and no strong smell to contend with. It is amazing. You can see the difference. Honest to the good lord baby Jeebus I cannot praise this stuff highly enough. My skin feels and looks plumper, there's no greasiness to it at all, just a hydrated peachy softness. Wonderful.

For sleepybye times I whack on the night version. It's got the consistency of acrylic paint. Thick, powerful, look at my shiny shiny face type stuff. Gloop it on in the evening and wake up with a face full of WOW in the am. It's just as wicked as the day shizzle. YAY! Don't mix them up though or your foundation will slip around your mug and end up trailing over your ears and down your neck. Eep.









Figuring the rest of the Eucerin line was likely to follow suit in terms of awesome moisturising power I grabbed some of the Replenishing Cream to tackle the dry patches on my elbows, knees, forearms and ankles. I was slightly disappointed. It didn't seem to handle these areas too well. Like it wasn't packing enough punch for 'body skin' or something. Fabulous as a back up if misplaced my day cream but I don't think I'd repurchase.


Lets not end on a negative though. Eucerin is DA BOMB. The day and night cream are now essentials and I highly, highly recommend. Fantastic stuff. I'm a total devotee. Easily accessible at boots / feel unique and prices from £10-£12.


Pinky holds and winky head tilts to you my lovers! xxxx

13 comments:

  1. Oh great, I've also been struggling with the peeling forehead thing, but hadn't found a solution yet. So I'll definitely give that stuff a try! Seems pretty promising, I mean you couldn't have praised it more! ;)
    Thanks for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent stuff. Worked wonders for me! Are you using chemical exfoliants and stuff on your skin? I found they massively irritated my face and worsened all the dry skin issues!

      Delete
  2. Love this review! You always make me laugh and your way of writing is so funny. Go write a book or something. Anyway, im really gonna try it. Hope it works for me to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy! What a wonderful thing to say. Big thanks indeed!

      I really hope you get on with it. Let me know how it goes for you!x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, Janna. Probably going to give it a try soon. xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Amy! Fingers corssed you feel the same way about it. I have 'the fear' kicking in... you know when you love a product so much but it might not be the same for others? eep! I can't see that being the case but I duno... always a worry!

      Delete
  4. I love the day cream as well, it makes the skin so so soft and smooth and helps with the dry nose that Comes with a cold! It tingels a bit at first and I needed to get used to the smell but now - can't live without it anymore. Though you aren't supposed to use Urea creme for a longer time on your face...but I haven't found anything similar yet.

    I tried the night version of it but it was kinda heavy, I was shining, you could literally spot me miles away :D

    Elli X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That's why it's a night cream! No one around to see the shiny shiny!

      I don't care if I go to bed looking like I've just dunked my face in water as long as I wake up with baby soft cheeks and hydrated skin. That said if I'm not alone then I might miss the odd night ;)

      I'm at a loss at the moment... cannot find another day cream that has the same properties for the same price - the search continues!! x

      Delete
  5. Oooh! Might have to go and grab myself some of that. Have you tried using Almond oil at night? Very moisturising but doesn't feel icky.

    Han xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a bit dubious of oils. I had a bad experience with some Rosehip once and it both physically and mentally scarred me for life! haha. Now my skin is clear and seemingly far less angry / sensitive I might give it a go though. Have you got any suppliers you could recommend?! Thanks lovely! Jx

      Delete
  6. you're hilarious! I've been reading beauty product reviews all night and yours is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These characteristic substances feed the skin cells, helping them recover collagen basic in keeping your dermal layers firm and versatile. http://www.facecreamsselection.com/anti-aging-tips-youthful-glowing-skin/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truth be told no woman wants here face to scream aloud a hitherto well-kept secret that is age. Luckily, advances in medicine and technology have created myriad products to give you a younger face without having to go under the knife.
    best collagen cream for loose skin

    ReplyDelete